How to Activate Roku Device with Link Code
Posted on: September 24, 2020
So you’ve got your Roku but it seems that it doesn’t get started. Well, make a note that Roku requires a special code to get activated. This Roku code not just activates your streaming device but it helps you to purchase paid channels. Here we are giving a quick guide that will help you to get the Roku link code activation for Roku. So here are the steps that you need to follow.
Steps to Activate Roku device with Link Code
The first thing you need to do is prepare your Roku device for the initial setup. Make sure you follow the below steps in order to activate your Roku device.
Set Up Roku Device
- Setting up the Roku device is easy. Still, if you are struggling then use the device manual for wiring and other basic setups.
- Turn on the power and the next you will see the option to choose the language and choose device screen resolutions. Choose preferred settings.
- The next step is to connect your Roku device with the internet. You can connect it using either via WiFi or ethernet cable.
Connecting With Internet
- You need to enter the username and password of your Wi-Fi in order to connect your Roku device. Alternatively, you can use an ethernet cable for better stability or faster internet speed. You can also consider it in the first place if your Wi-Fi connection is a bit slow or it is breaking.
- After the successful connection, it will ask you for the activation code. It will be displayed on your screen.
- In this screen, you need to enter the Roku activation code. Now, you definitely do not have the code. So what you need to do is generate the code first. Here is the further procedure.
- Visit the official website of Roku and login with your credentials. If it is your first time then you need to create a new account. You can do it using a desktop or mobile browser.
- Make a note that it is mandatory to create an account. Without an account, you can’t activate your device. Apart from that, you are also not able to add channels HBO Go on Roku. Roku account also helps you to keep your personalized settings, purchases, and more.
- After login, you need to generate the Roku code. Jot it down
- Now come back to your TV screen and enter the code and press ok. If you are getting Roku wrong code error then recheck the code and enter it again.
- When you enter the right code you will see the success message on your TV.
- Congrats! You’ve just successfully activated the Roku streaming device.
- Now, the next step is to add channels.
How Can I Add Channels To Roku?
Roku comes with hundreds of channels. You are free to add as many channels as you want. Make a note that most of the channels are free to watch but few are paid and they actually worth your money.
Such channels include Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, and more. Here is how you can add channels to your channel.
- Pick up your Roku remote and press the Home button.
- Here you need to visit the streaming channels section and search for the desired channel or scroll down to see all channels.
- Highlight the channel using the arrow button and hit the ‘add channel’ button.
- If it is free then it will be added instantly. Just in case it is paid then you are required to buy it.
We hope you like the tutorial. If you are facing any kind of problem then follow the steps again especially if you have skipped any step earlier. If you need expert help then call us to fix your Roku problems.