A Definitive Guide | How Do I Activate ESPN+ on Roku?
Posted on: February 12, 2020
ESPN+ gives you complete freedom to explore your favorite sports anytime anywhere. If you are an avid sports lover then no need to say how important ESPN channel is in your life. As you are here it seems that you are struggling to activate ESPN+ on your Roku device. Well, if you have already set up roku.com/link activation code then the next step is to activate the ESPN Plus on Roku device. Don’t worry here we are giving a complete and in-depth guide that will help you to activate your favorite sports channel instantly. So without wasting any more time here is the guide you are looking for.
How to Know Your Eligibility of ESPN?
If you are looking to access full episode of ESPN shows then know that it is specifically available to those who subscribe to pay TV provider that also includes streaming TV services like Hulu Live and Sling TV. Furthermore, it should have a level of service include ESPN. To find out whether your service providers let you access the channel, install ESPN and try to link it with your device.
How to Activate ESPN Plus on Roku
As soon you add ESPN to Roku you can seamlessly able to enjoy all ESPN content without any hassle. In this, make a note that you won’t be able to watch any live TV or videos until you login to ESPN+ or authenticating your TV subscription. Without it, you will be only able to watch highlights and clips. Not sound sufficient, isn’t? Well, don’t worry here are the steps you need to follow to activate ESPN+:
- First of all, open your Roku and open the ESPN channel.
- From the channel home screen, you need to open the Settings To get it you need to click on the gear icon.
- If you are subscribed to a pay TV service then go to Provider Account > Watch Live TV > Activate Live TV.
- Pen down the activation code you see on the screen. Keep in mind that you need to use the code in a couple of minutes. If somehow the code is not working in the next step then feel free to generate the new code again, following the same procedure.
- Open the web browser in your system or mobile and visit com/activate.
- Enter your activation code and click on the Continue
- Next, you need to choose your provider. Here you need to select your satellite, cable to streaming TV service provider.
- On the next screen, you need to log in with your TV service provider credentials. If you are unaware of your credentials then contact your service provider.
- If you are already subscribed to ESPN+ then select ESPN account and login with your ESPN account credentials.
- Open the web browser in your system or mobile and visit pn/Roku.
- Enter the code and click on the Continue
That’s it you are done. If you are managing multiple Roku then you need to activate ESPN manually for each account following the same procedure.
FAQ on Activating ESPN Plus on Roku
Q. My TV provider is not showing in the list.
A. If your TV provider is not showing in the list then it simply means that you are not a subscriber to a pay TV provider. You need to first subscribe to a pay TV provider.
Q. Should I need to pay extra to activate ESPN+ on Roku?
A. No, you don’t need to pay anything if you are already a part of the TV subscription that comes with ESPN network as a bundle.
Q. Can I subscribe to ESPN networks separately?
A. Unfortunately, ESPN is not offering any paid subscription. It is only available through TV providers. Though you can find many resources that give you a chance to pay for ESPN+ individually but make a note that you will not get the same content that you get thought a pay TV subscription.
Q. I have a Sling TV subscription that is a pay TV service but I am unable to activate ESPN.
A. This is probably because you are subscribed to the Sling Blue service. ESPN is available to those users who subscribe to the Sling Orange service. Sling Blue service offer FOX Sports.
How to Stream ESPN+ on Your Smartphone or Tablet?
- Download the official ESPN app from Google Play Store or App Store
- Open the ESPN app and tap on the gear icon in the top right
- Enter your ESPN+ login credentials
- After login go back to the home screen and tap on the ESPN+ logo. You will find it at the bottom of the screen.
How to Stream ESPN+ on Your Computer System?
- Open the web browser and visit espn.com.
- Click on the login button and enter your credentials.
- From the navigation bar click on the ESPN+ button and explore your favorites.
Apart from this FAQ if you still have some questions in your mind then let us know by calling us. To get an instant solution to your problem you can call us at our toll free number (+1-(866) 819-3021). You can also use these numbers to get dedicated support on Roku, for instance, you are not able to get Roku activation code for www.roku.com/link on your Roku device, code is not working, Roku is not working properly and more. Feel free to visit our official website Activate Channel Link to know more about our support.